Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 2: A Hunger for God's Word

Before I list the prayer points, I want to share something that P. Dave said during a short devo before we prayed. He said that the place we really want to be at is not just a hunger for God's Word, but a DELIGHT in God's Word. It is a hunger that is so deep that we actually delight in the commandments of God. He went on to share that no one can get there on their own. In fact, only God could do this work in us. I was so affected by that word - to not just have a hunger, but a delight. So often, my study in God's Word is a chore, a part of a job description that I must perform in order to serve a church that I love. It's not a delight...but I really do want it to be. Oh that God would form such delight in my soul!


Today's prayer points:

  • Give thanks to the Lord for His Word.
  • Meditate on the qualities that you see in God’s Word (truth, enduring, light to my path, etc.)
  • Pray that God would give you a deep hunger for God’s Word.
  • Pray that our lives at CF would be shaped by an obedience to God’s Word (purity, love, kindness, honesty...)
  • Confess anything in you that is not in conformity with God’s Word.
  • Pray for the spiritual protection of the preachers and teachers of God’s Word at CF.

1 comment: