Wednesday, December 8, 2010

On the wrong use of laws

If I use laws to my own advantage (even in some instances creating my own), then I do not need the gospel. We use laws to stay out of relationships, and to feel justified in doing so. With this way of life others are the lawbreakers, so we do not need to repent or die. If we can bring about obedience through nagging, then we can get along without faith and the Spirit. Why pray, when we can force and compel others?

Often times, there's really nothing immoral about something I condemn a person for. For example, there's nothing immoral about incorrectly reading a map. When I get provoked by someone for doing so, I become the lawbreaker. Misreading a map is usually not intentional while my anger and criticism (and pride) are most certainly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment