Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why Francis Chan left

CNN has an article covering the departure of Francis Chan from his church. The unusual thing about Chan's departure is that for once it has nothing to do with immorality, unfaithfulness, or disqualification. In fact, Chan left in obedience to the Lord. I found it interesting that even CNN has picked up on this idea of "Christian famous" - the tendency of evangelical circles to elevate and idolize gifted men and women. I can respect someone who gives up fame and influence to pursue God's calling. I'm challenged and humbled to constantly keep the glorious Jesus preeminent in all my ministry endeavors so that I become less and He becomes more. Thanks, brother Francis, for your example, and God bless as you minister to the church of Asia!

No comments:

Post a Comment