Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Viloma

Just read a powerful blog entry about the incredible pain and grief experienced when a parent loses a child. The point is made that such grief is "against a natural order". It reminds of Plantinga's essay on how sin reminds us that things aren't the way they're supposed to be. As I read about this - I was moved thinking about how painful it would be to lose either of my sons. It then hit me that God did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all.

The truth of the matter is that death itself is against a natural order, and that the death of the Son of God was one of the most unexpected events of human history (second only to his resurrection!) This post reminds me to hold onto the hope that the "natural order" will be restored one day (and is being so now). So hold on until then..."though weeping may remain for the night, his joy comes with the morning."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Man,

    Which Plantinga are you referring to? I had a Plantinga at Calvin. Two actually, one in the communication department and the other in the religion/theology/Bible department.

    ReplyDelete