Saturday, May 29, 2010

CO here we come!

Well, my family and I are off to spend most of the week with 150 seniors from Wheaton Academy High School. WA has held a special place in my heart mostly because of the great students there and the quality teachers who really model what it is to love students. It's a great honor to be their speaker for the week as well as to be able to have my family come down with me.

Last year, I recognized how much I need time in the outdoors to get refreshed, refocused, and recharged. These five days in CO should be special. I'll be teaching on how the disciples in the Gospel of Mark follow the pattern of every great hero in the archetypal mythological journey. That's fancy speak for talking about how the disciples set for us an example of what it means to follow Jesus. I probably won't be blogging from there, so I'll be keeping a written journal of my times.

See you in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment